In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a process by which an egg is fertilized by sperm In Vitro or outside the body, in a laboratory. If the sperm fertilizes the egg, an embryo is formed which is allowed to develop in the laboratory and is then transferred into the woman’s uterus where it will hopefully implant and develop further.
The main steps in an IVF cycle are:
- Every Patient has to Undergo Hysteroscopy and Endometrial TB PCR Examination Except those going for Surrogacy.
- Husband’s Semen Analysis by Embryologist is Must.
- Husband’s Semen is Frozen Beforehand for Safety.
- Treatment Starts from the 21st Day of the Previous Cycle or From Day – 2 of the Cycle.
- She Needs to take Injections Subcutaneously or Intramuscularly for around 10 – 15 Days.
- Once Follicles gets Proper Size, Inj HCG is given for final Maturation of Follicle and Rupture.
- After 35 hours of HCG Injection, the Female Needs to Undergo Oocyte Retrieval Under Short GA.
- Once the Oocytes are Out and the Husband gives Semen, the Embryology Procedure Starts.
- The Next Step is the Fertilization of Oocyte by Sperm (IVF/ICSI).
- After Fertilization the Zygote (Fertilized Oocytes) are put in Culture Medium in the Incubator for 2 to 3 Days Depending Upon the Day of Transfer.
- 4 – Cell Embryos on Day – 2 or 8 Cell Embryos on Day – of 3 are Transferred.
- We Recommend a Maximum 3 Embryos to be Transferred and Blastocyst Transfer in Selected Cases.
- The Patient is given Luteal Support, Vaginal Pessaries, Few Injections for 15 Days.
- Serum B HCG is taken for Examination in Pathology Lab after 15 Days to Check for Pregnancy.